Strawberries in Cévennes way
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- For 4 people:
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 200 g of crystal sugar
- 2 branches of tarragon
- 1 p of saffron in pistil
- 500g of strawberries gariguettes (Preferably!)
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan.
- Add sugar, put on low heat, count 45 minutes of cooking watching !
- When the consistency becomes a bit syrupy and amber-colored (beginning of caramel color) remove from heat, add saffron and the leaves of tarragon sliced.
- Let cool and place in refrigerator. Rinse the whole strawberries under a stream of cold water.
- Remove the stalk, cut each fruit into 4 slices in a bowl.
- Add the milk mixture, and mix it thoroughly.
- You can prepare the milk mixture in advance, but the strawberries will be cut just before serving.