- 1.5 kg of untreated sweet oranges
- 1.5 kg of crystallized sugar
- 4 c. Earl Gray tea
- Wash oranges and brush them. Immerse them in a saucepan with cold water, bring to the boil and boil for 30 min.
- Cold the oranges immediately by plunging them several times in large quantities of cold water.
- Cut the oranges in very fine and small slices. Reserve the seeds in a bag of muslin.
- Alternate layer of oranges and layer of sugar in a terrine.
- Slip the muslin sac in the center and add 20 cl of water. Let macerate for 12 hours. Prepare an infusion of full-strength tea in 20 cl of boiling water.
- Pour the contents of the terrine into a jam basin and bring to a boil for 45 min, skimming.
- Pour the filtered tea into the bowl. Mix and give a few boils for 5 to 10 min.
- Check the cooking by placing a little jam on a cold plate. It must freeze quickly.
- Remove the bag of seeds. Pour the ladle into the jars. Close them immediately and hold them down for 24 hours.