Melon soup "Mas Conil"
(served at table d'hôtes of the Mas since 2004!)
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 4 small melons or 2 big ones
- 1 tablespoon of pastis
- 1 good olive oil spoon
- 6 slices of raw ham
- Mint or basil leaves
- The day before, cut the melons in 2, eliminate the seeds. With the help of a Parisian spoon, take a dozen melon balls per person, and reserve them.
- Take the pulp and place it in a bowl, mix it. Put it to the cool.
- Put the slices of raw ham in a pan and roast them to obtain crispy ham crisps. Place them on paper towels, then put them in the freezer.
- Just before serving, add the pastis and olive oil and mix the soup again. You have to get a smooth mixture.
- Serve the soup in individual bowls, add the balls,
- sprinkle with the crisp ham and garnish with mint leaves or basil.