Asparagus au gratin
Serve as starter!
- 6-7 asparagus spears per person
- Parma ham or other uncooked ham
- Fresh parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- The asparagus is easier to peel if you lay the spears on a flat surface and peel from the tip to the end.
- If necessary, cut off the woody ends by about 2 cms.
- Lay the asparagus spears evenly in an ovenproof dish.
- Grate over some good quality fresh parmesan cheese.
- Slice some parma ham into thin slithers
- Sprinkle the asparagus with a trickle of olive oil, and scatter the cheese and ham over the asparagus.
- Cook in a preheat fan oven at 180 deg C for 25 to 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Serve hot